Dr. Hare’s Sociopathic Traits Checklist
- GLIB and SUPERFICIAL CHARM - the tendency to be smooth, engaging, charming, slick, and verbally facile. Sociopathic charm is not in the least shy, self-conscious, or afraid to say anything. A sociopath never gets tongue-tied. They have freed themselves from the social conventions about taking turns in talking, for example.
- GRANDIOSE SELF-WORTH - a grossly inflated view of one’s abilities and self-worth, self-assured, opinionated, cocky, a braggart. Sociopaths are arrogant people who believe they are superior human beings.
- NEED FOR STIMULATION or PRONENESS TO BOREDOM - an excessive need for novel, thrilling, and exciting stimulation; taking chances and doing things that are risky. Sociopaths often have low self-discipline in carrying tasks through to completion because they get bored easily. They fail to work at the same job for any length of time, for example, or to finish tasks that they consider dull or routine.
- PATHOLOGICAL LYING - can be moderate or high; in moderate form, they will be shrewd, crafty, cunning, sly, and clever; in extreme form, they will be deceptive, deceitful, underhanded, unscrupulous, manipulative, and dishonest.
- CONNING AND MANIPULATIVENESS - the use of deceit and deception to cheat, con, or defraud others for personal gain; distinguished from Item #4 in the degree to which exploitation and callous ruthlessness is present, as reflected in a lack of concern for the feelings and suffering of one’s victims.
- LACK OF REMORSE OR GUILT - a lack of feelings or concern for the losses, pain, and suffering of victims; a tendency to be unconcerned, dispassionate, coldhearted, and un empathic. This item is usually demonstrated by a disdain for one’s victims.
- SHALLOW AFFECT - emotional poverty or a limited range or depth of feelings; interpersonal coldness in spite of signs of open gregariousness.
- CALLOUSNESS and LACK OF EMPATHY - a lack of feelings toward people in general; cold, contemptuous, inconsiderate, and tactless.
- PARASITIC LIFESTYLE - an intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.
- POOR BEHAVIORAL CONTROLS - expressions of irritability, annoyance, impatience, threats, aggression, and verbal abuse; inadequate control of anger and temper; acting hastily.
- PROMISCUOUS SEXUAL BEHAVIOR - a variety of brief, superficial relations, numerous affairs, and an indiscriminate selection of sexual partners; the maintenance of several relationships at the same time; a history of attempts to sexually coerce others into sexual activity or taking great pride at discussing sexual exploits or conquests.
- EARLY BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS - including lying, theft, cheating, vandalism, bullying, sexual activity, fire-setting, glue-sniffing, alcohol use, and running away from home.
- LACK OF REALISTIC, LONG-TERM GOALS - an inability or persistent failure to develop and execute long-term plans and goals; a nomadic existence, aimless, lacking direction in life.
- IMPULSIVITY - the occurrence of behaviors that are unpremeditated and lack reflection or planning; inability to resist temptation, frustrations, and urges; a lack of deliberation without considering the consequences; foolhardy, rash, unpredictable, erratic, and reckless.
- IRRESPONSIBILITY - repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.
- FAILURE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS - a failure to accept responsibility for one’s actions reflected in low conscientiousness, an absence of dutifulness, antagonistic manipulation, denial of responsibility, and an effort to manipulate others through this denial.
- MANY SHORT-TERM MARITAL RELATIONSHIPS - a lack of commitment to a long-term relationship reflected in inconsistent, undependable, and unreliable commitments in life, including marital.
- JUVENILE DELINQUENCY - behavior problems between the ages of 13-18; mostly behaviors that are crimes or clearly involve aspects of antagonism, exploitation, aggression, manipulation, or a callous, ruthless tough-mindedness.
- REVOCATION OF CONDITION RELEASE - a revocation of probation or other conditional release due to technical violations, such as carelessness, low deliberation, or failing to appear.
- CRIMINAL VERSATILITY - a diversity of types of criminal offenses, regardless if the person has been arrested or convicted for them; taking great pride at getting away with crimes.
God bless comic sans.
Hey Crime fiction writers. Here’s an oft-cited reference chart to show you what different bullets look like going in and coming out.
"I am a writer…" I whisper as I reblog this.
"I am a murderer…" I realize as I reblog this.
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THE TUBE ADVENTURE!!! A FREE FLASH VIDEO GAME!!!!!
For about 3.5 weeks I’ve been busy working on The Tube Adventure! A fun, silly point and click game. It’s pretty packed with fun things to explore though I wish I could have added more. Perhaps some day, if given enough time and money, I’ll make a game 10 times bigger than this.
The controls are simple, all you need is the mouse to just click on things. There are points and trophies but they don’t matter, so don’t stress out over getting the high score!… though I would like to see people’s scores because they often randomly generate a goofy rank name.
The game is PACKED with secrets and I fully encourage people to share any they find. If you tweet about it, why not use the hashtag #thetubeadventure? That would help.
SHARE THIS GAME WITH YOUR FRIENDS, POST IT EVERYWHERE, IT IS FUN AND FREE AND MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU. I LOVE YOU.
THAT LINK AGAIN: THE TUBE ADVENTURE!!!
Gunshot wounds infographic
From Medical College of Wisconsin Department of Surgery and University of Utah Health Sciences Library
the funniest part about silent hill is that it has better mobility and fighting than resident evil did
a writer, clerk, and teenage girl
have better combat abilities
than trained cops
silent hill is a survival horror game
survival horror games tend to make ammo scarce to give you the feeling that they’re precious, sacred objects and should you REALLY be shooting the enemy when it’s so easier to just run away?
we have 131 bullets
half way through the school
WHENEVER FRIENDS POST COOL ART I AM LIKE
In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise.
anyway here’s wonderwall
Day 5 - FAVORITE LANCE-USER